The Seashore


This project titled 'The Seashore' was for my AS Level Fine Art exam. The concept for the project was to explore the beauty as well as pollution and destruction of  our coastline.
 
I set out exploring textures relating to our beaches and eventually after an investigation of Seung - Hwan Oh's work, I experimented with destruction and erosion techniques - including bleaching and burning/ bubbling with a heat gun. The heat gun experiment created an interesting distortion of my photographs which I moved forward with.
 
I took a trip to the National History Museum, Oxford, and close ups of rock patterns took my interest. So on top of the burnt images I added these 'contour' lines with both white pen ink and with the sewing machine. I left the excess string hanging from the images to add to the destruction element of the final piece.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment