Forgotten // Solution 1



This is the first half of my A2 Art coursework project. After selecting the theme 'Lost and Found', I focused in on the forgotten/lost aspect. The brief I then developed was to create a piece of work that generated an atmosphere. 

After heavy research and analysis into Jane and Louise Wilson's work (photographed below in the RA Summer Exhibition) I chose to develop a piece that had an overwhelmingly eerie atmosphere.

The piece I created in reflection of Jane and Louise and my starting brief, was a series of layered pieces, featuring photoshopped overlaid images, cardboard expressive marks and cutouts on acetate. The pieces are framed with a rustic 'unfinished' wooden frame; the includes rusty nails, hooks and chains - the idea being to add to this abandoned and forgotten quality of the work. Presentation of the work will feature eerie noise, captured when I visited and photographed my local under passage /subway at night. 

In the project I also presented an essay titled 'Provoking Emotion, Artwork that Envelops the Audience'.









No comments:

Post a Comment