Frustration



I linked this AS Graphic Design project to Parkinson's Awareness because of a close family connection to the disease. Through exploring and researching Parkinson's, including a questionnaire, my project aim was to educate in the form of a poster campaign. I wanted to allow people to understand what it's like to have Parkinson's through associating it with a difficulty that everyone might experience - reading a London Underground map. The tube lines also have a close link to brain function and neurons. I chose 'Frustration' because of a questionnaire response, but also because it is a less stereotypical aspect of the disease - most people just consider the hand shaking element.

As well as exploring the NHS advertising posters, I also linked the campaign to Parkinson's Awareness Week as the recognition of awareness was a key message I wanted to put across in my work. This project not only allowed me to create and design a piece of work, I also developed a deeper understanding into Parkinson's Disease myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment